If you are here, then you are wondering how you can change your current IP address to a German one. We know that there are plenty of reasons you might want to do that and they are all perfectly valid.
- Be a German expat who wants to visit websites in the same way as back home.
- Be a tourist from Germany who doesn’t want to change your web habits while on holidays.
- Want to learn the German language and immerse yourself in it.
- Want to access certain services that are usually only available in Germany.
No matter what your reasons are, you can get a German IP address quite easily.
1. Our recommended method: Get a VPN subscription.
The fastest, most convenient, and safest way to browse the web is to get yourself a VPN subscription. A VPN provider will allow you to instantly change your IP address to any country in the world, including Germany.
Since the number of choices out there can be overwhelming, we have compiled a table right here of what we believe to be some of the best VPNs in the market right now.
- User Rating
- 14827 Votes
- $3.29 / month
- 7715 Votes
- $3.24 / month
- 6930 Votes
- $6.67 /mo
These VPNs work great for anything such as streaming, visiting German video websites, and even downloading. Moreover, they are available in any platform including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, streaming boxes, gaming consoles, and smart TVs.
If you do a quick online search, you will find many free VPNs too. We would never recommend these because they are not very secure and they are very slow which means they are only capable of basic web browsing.
See here for more information about why you may want to use a VPN even while you are in Germany!
How do I change to a German IP address with a VPN?
- Subscribe to one of the recommended VPNs.
- Install the VPN client to one of your devices.
- Run the VPN and choose a German VPN server.
- Now your device will have a German IP address.
2. Your other choice is to get a proxy
Like with VPNs, there are free and paid German proxies available which will let you change your IP address into a German one. However, neither of them are as good as VPNs.
Free proxies suffer from much of the same: they are incredibly slow and not safe at all. In fact, most of them cannot even access the secure versions of websites or even play videos.
Paid proxies are a little bit better but they are extremely limited. For example, you can only use them in your web browser so you can forget about changing all your online activity to a German address.
We believe that a subscription to a VPN is all you need here. But if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave a comment below!
Leave a Reply