The 55th season of the German football league is well underway. As always, the top teams of the country are battling it out for a chance to win it all during the finals which will take place on May 12, 2018.
Since there is still a lot of time (and a lot of matches) before this season is over, you may be wondering if there is a way for you to watch the games live from the comfort of your home, and without spending an extraordinary amount of money for a cable TV subscription.
Regardless of where you are in the world, the answer is that you can.
You can watch Bundesliga while abroad just by using a VPN
German residents will be able to watch the matches via Sky Deutchland and Eurosport. But, even if you are paying for a subscription in either of those, you will not be able to watch anything while travelling abroad.
Even if you paid for the subscription while in Germany and have been enjoying its fruits whilst in the country, the channels will not allow you to watch any content as long as you are not standing in German ground.
That, of course, is the official stance. By using a VPN, you can watch Bundesliga from the UK, Spain, Italy, France, the US, Japan, the UAE, Australia, or anywhere else in the world you might find yourself in.
So how do I do that?
It is actually pretty simple. First, take a look at our recommended VPNs in the table below. We have reviewed them extensively and we know that they will work very well for accessing German servers.
- User Rating
- 14827 Votes
- $3.29 / month
- 7715 Votes
- $3.24 / month
- 6930 Votes
- $6.67 /mo
Following that, there are two options for you:
- If you are on Sky Deutchsland/Eurosport: Just visit the online website like you normally would, enter your login details, and you will be able to watch the matches as if you were actually in Germany.
- For everyone else: On this website you will be able to watch the bundesliga matches for free. Of course, this is not strictly legal in every country, so make sure you are connected to VPN before accessing the site, and you might not get the best video quality, but these are compromises ou might have to make. To see the list of official Bundesliga television broadcasters click here.
So let’s sum it all up quickly:
- Get yourself a VPN subscription.
- Set the server to a German location.
- Find a free stream or watch the matches from official sources.
And you are done. You will now be able to catch the latest and greatest in German football, no matter where you are in the world!