Romanian expats, travellers, and tourists can easily get access to home-country websites and services despite geo-blocking. It is thanks to an IP in Romania. Our post answers the burning question of how to get a Romanian IP address. Read on to learn about solutions and services worthy of your consideration.
Table of Contents
Reasons to Get an IP Address from Romania
Whether you permanently reside in Romania, live abroad as an expat, or are a foreigner looking for greater security, a Romanian IP address is a very useful thing. These are 3 major reasons you may want to have it:
- To unblock Romanian streaming services, online TV channels, and news websites from abroad. A lot of these websites are not accessible in foreign counties due to geo-blocking. If you are not in Romania but want to gain access to channels like PRO TV and others, a Romanian IP address is a solution.
- To avoid issues with accessing online banking. It is not forbidden to use your bank account from abroad but you need to notify your bank beforehand about your intentions. Otherwise, it may think an identity thieve got a hold on your credentials and, as a result, temporarily suspend your account. If you don’t want any access issues from overseas, it is wise to use a Romanian IP address.
- To torrent safely. Romania is one of the most torrent-friendly countries. You can use its IP address to get your hands on hundreds of movies, shows, music, and software titles for free. No risk is involved!
The Best Tools to Change Your IP Address
You can make use either a proxy or a VPN to change your IP address to Romania. These services work in a similar way. They force your traffic to go through a VPN or proxy server in a country you selected. When you are connected, the server assigns you an IP address of this country. The similarities end there. Which solution is better then? Let’s take a look at some facts.
- A little bit faster than VPNs;
- Don’t encrypt user traffic;
- Are available as browser extensions, and configurations for certain apps.
- Implement strong encryption ciphers to secure your data;
- Bypass geo-restricted websites such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu and many others;
- Do not collect user logs and history of your browsing;
- Very easy to use on any Internet-compatible device.
It is clear that VPNs are a cut above proxies in terms of security. On top of that, they provide greater functionality since, unlike their counterparts, they can unblock streaming websites and bypass network firewalls.
Features a VPN Should Have
VPNs are very useful apps but you should keep in mind that not every VPN is good enough for your needs. If you want a reliable VPN, it should feature the following:
- Servers in Romania;
- Blazing-fast speeds;
- Kill Switch and IP/DNS/WebRTC leak protection;
- Zero-Logging Policy;
- Handy apps for your devices;
- Allow torrenting;
- 24/7 tech support;
- Reasonably priced subscription plans.
It is not that easy to get a VPN with all the mentioned features. Luckily, you don’t have to spend hours on tedious searches because we did all the groundwork for you. We studied hundreds of providers to find foolproof options for your needs. Here are the 3 best VPNs worth trying:
- User Rating
- 14827 Votes
- $3.29 / month
- 7715 Votes
- $3.24 / month
- 6930 Votes
- $6.67 /mo
Here’s How To Get a Romanian IP Address with a VPN
You are only 3 steps away from getting a Romanian IP address with a VPN. Follow the instructions below to get started:
- Visit the website of a VPN you prefer and sign up.
- Download a VPN client for your device and install it.
- Launch the VPN, and connect to a server in Romania.
- That’s all. In a few seconds your device will get a Romanian IP address, and you can start using it.
It’s easy, isn’t it? You can have a VPN on your computer, mobile phone, tablet, Smart TV, game console, and even install it on a router to cover all your home devices.
Can I Use Free VPN?
Some free VPN services supply Romanian IP addresses. For instance, you can get it from such a reputable provider as Windscribe. Before you go setting it up on your device, you should know that free VPNs comes with restrictions:
- Limited bandwidth and small server park;
- Slow connection speed;
- Banned P2P traffic;
- Inability to access most geo-restricted services.
On top of that, many free VPNs practice traffic logging. They collect data about user activities and trade it with advertisers. Needless to say, spying is incompatible with security. If you don’t want anyone to pry into your personal affairs, you should refuse from free VPNs.
Now you know that VPNs are simple, safe, and versatile tools to get a Romania IP address. We recommend sticking to reputable providers, such as the ones listed in our post, that boast strong security standards and robust functionality. Free VPNs, on the other hand, are a poor choice due to data mining and limited features.