An IP address in Spain is a way to maintain access to geo-restricted Spanish websites and online services when you go overseas. It is easier than you think to get a Spanish IP address. Read on to find out what you need to do exactly to change your geolocation as well as the tools you can use.
Reasons to Get a Spanish IP Address
When you live in Spain, you have a local IP address automatically. But if you reside in a different country or you often go outside of Spain, your IP will no longer be Spanish. Below are 4 major reasons why you would want to have a Spanish IP address:
- If you are an avid traveler, you probably noticed that some Spanish online services are not available abroad. For example, Spanish online TV, and even some videos on YouTube may be blocked outside of the country. The best way to get rid of geo-blocking is to sign up for a VPN with servers in Spain. When you get a Spanish IP, websites and online services will think you are still in Spain so you can use them without any restrictions.
- There are many Spanish speaking countries in the world. Naturally, people want to get more than they have now, so, in addition to the local television and media, they might as well access their counterparts from Spain. To do so, they will also need a Spanish IP Addresses.
- Spain is one of the best countries for torrenting. It is legal to download and use copyrighted content for personal purposes (when making a profit is not involved). Therefore, you will need a Spanish IP address to torrent safely.
- If you are a SEO professional or just an owner of a global website, you need to know how it performs in other regions. By switching to a Spanish IP address, you can make Google show search results specifically for Spain.
Best Ways to Get a Spanish IP address
Basically, there are 2 easy ways to mask your original IP address and get a new one in a country of your choice. Let’s take a look at your options.
Using a VPN
Our number 1 recommendation is a VPN. Not only does it help to change your IP address but also make your online activities private. Every time you connect to VPN servers, they route your traffic through a country they are located in, changing your IP accordingly and encrypting your traffic. Besides being the safest option, VPNs offer a bunch of other advantages such as easy-to-use apps for a variety of devices and OS, anonymous torrenting, effective bypassing of geo-restrictions firewalls, and much more.
The market is teeming with various VPN providers but it doesn’t mean all of them are a good fit for your purpose. Bellow, we gathered 3 premium VPNs with loads of Spanish IP addresses and other handy features, so check them out:
- User Rating
- 14827 Votes
- $3.29 / month
- 7715 Votes
- $3.24 / month
- 6930 Votes
- $6.67 /mo
Using a Proxy
A proxy service, just like a VPN, changes users’ virtual locations when they connect to server from a particular country. The main difference between these two technologies is that proxies offer no encryption. It makes your experience less secure but the connection speeds are normally slightly better. A proxy is a good choice for torrenting and general browsing but it fails to unblock major streaming platforms. We don’t recommend proxies for sensitive activities since they don’t safeguard your traffic.
Summing up, we recommend using a VPN for changing your IP address to Spanish since it is superior in terms of safety, functionality, and ease of use.
Here’s How to Get a Spanish IP Address with a VPN
An IP address in Spain can easily become yours if you follow these simple steps:
- Choose a VPN from our list and sign up.
- Set up a VPN app on your device by downloading it from the provider’s website.
- Log in to the VPN app and connect to one of the servers in Spain.
- Wait a couple of seconds and the app will assign you a Spanish IP address.
That’s it. You can use a VPN for literally any Internet-compatible device, from desktop computers and mobile phones to TV boxes, smart TVs, and game consoles.
Can I Use a Free VPN for a Spanish IP Addresses?
The answer is ‘no’. In theory, there are some free VPNs offering Spanish servers but you will need to spend a lot of time to find them (since Spain is not the most popular location). If you were lucky enough to get such a VPN, you will surely be disappointed in its sluggish speeds. Besides that, free services are notorious for some of the most dangerous security threats including traffic monitoring, selling personal data to the third-parties, as well as malware infections. The long story short, free VPNs are just not worth it.
There are a few ways to get a Spanish IP address but our number one pick is a VPN. These services are user-friendly, secure, and suitable for any web activity. Go ahead and try some of the providers we suggested, you’ll be impressed with their functionality and efficiency.
Leave a Reply