Approximately 2.5 million Indians are living in the United States. They form a close-knit community that cherishes their culture and traditions. One of the ways to stay in touch with the motherland is through Indian news portals and entertainment platforms. However, it may be a problem to access them from abroad due to geo-restrictions. Luckily, you can easily bypass these restrictions with an IP address from India. In this post, we are going to teach you how to get an Indian IP address in the USA. Stay tuned to find out the methods we recommend.
How Can an Indian IP Address Help?
Many Video on Demand services and even news websites work only in a specific country. It means that if you try to access them from abroad, they won’t be available. Websites and online services understand where you are located by reading your IP address but, luckily, you can easily fake the ‘right’ location. With an Indian IP address on your device, you can watch Indian streaming services, read the news, and access other geo-blocked websites as if you were in India for real. This IP address will come in handy for Indian tourists exploring America as well as expats living in the United States permanently.
If you are a traveler, you can benefit from an Indian IP address to keep uninterrupted access to online banking and e-payment systems. You may face issues with accessing your account from abroad but if you log in while having an IP of the home country, you shouldn’t experience any inconveniences.
Finally, an IP address from India is a solution to hide your digital tracks. You should take care of your safety especially when entering passwords, sharing sensitive information, or engaging in dubious activities (such as torrenting, which is illegal in the USA). An IP address from another country, such as India, is a smart decision to ensure your online anonymity.
Best Tools to Get an IP Address from India
Both, a VPN and proxy deliver servers scattered around the world. By connecting to one of these servers in India, your IP address becomes Indian, too. In other aspects, these two technologies operate differently. Let’s take a look at their features in more detail.
Benefits of VPNs:
- Carry out encryption to protect your traffic from monitoring and inspection;
- Security-focused VPNs don’t log user online activities;
- Supply apps for a variety of devices and operating systems (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS)
- Support extra features such as Kill Switch, Split Tunneling, Obfuscated servers, etc;
- Ensure a leak-free connection;
- Ideal solutions for sensitive activities, unblocking geo-restricted websites and bypassing firewalls.
Downsides of VPNs:
- encryption may affect connection speed but premium providers increase bandwidth and implement cutting-edge tunneling protocols to minimize speed drops.
Benefits of Proxies:
- normally, provide better speeds than VPNs;
- can be embedded into some apps (for instance, torrenting clients);
- can unblock websites that don’t have strict anti-proxy rules.
Downsides of Proxies;
- no encryption whatsoever;
- connection tends to leak;
- lack of features;
- may monitor and record your traffic;
- are not available for the majority of devices and OS;
- no-go for getting past geo-blocks on streaming platforms or bypassing network restrictions.
We recommend using VPNs for changing your IP address to India from the USA because they are more reliable and secure than proxies
How to Choose the Best VPN
VPNs are an advanced and security-forward solution. At the same time, you should realize that VPN services are not designed equally meaning that some of them are better than others. To help you make the right choice, we carried out our own study in which we tested hundreds of popular services. Below, are the best VPNs with Indian IP addresses that will be ideal for any kind of activities you’re planning:
- User Rating
- 14827 Votes
- $3.29 / month
- 7715 Votes
- $3.24 / month
- 6930 Votes
- $6.67 /mo
We selected these services based on a variety of key factors among which are:
- A large server network across India;
- Lightning-fast connections speeds;
- Military-grade encryption;
- Favorable jurisdiction and no-logging policy;
- Kill Switch;
- Apps for all popular devices and platforms;
- Helpful customer support.
- Reasonable prices
With all these features in place, you are sure to get the ultimate user experience.
Here’s How to Get an Indian IP Address in the USA with a VPN
VPNs are one of the easiest apps you’ve ever seen. There are only three steps required to change your IP to Indian:
- Sign up with one of the VPNs from our recommended list;
- Download the VPN app and install it on your device;
- Start the VPN, and connect to any server in India.
- In just a couple of seconds, you will get an Indian IP address!
Can I Use a Free VPN to Get an Indian IP?
Right off the bat, the answer will be ‘No’. Even for some large-scale VPN providers, India is a terra incognita. They don’t supply many servers in this region. Free VPNs, which are known for small networks, prefer to skip India whatsoever.
Even if you got to find a free VPN with Indian IPs, we doubt that you’ll like using it. Slow connection speeds, apps full of annoying advertisement, DNS and IP leaks, the occasional server fails – these are the factors that will spoil your entire experience. On top of that, many free VPNs have been caught red-handed trading information about their subscribers or installing malware on their devices. Long story short, they may pose a serious threat to your security.
Now you know how to get an Indian IP address in the USA. Don’t be scared to try out some of the services we recommend. They have established themselves as reliable and credible providers focusing on client security. If you are not impressed with their offering, there are money-back guarantees, so you risk nothing.
Leave a Reply